The cost of fraud and scams is staggering and unfortunately the tree service business is not immune. Choose a tree company with these tips in mind…
Tree Service Provider Red Flags
- Door to Door Sales > A reputable company will never solicit door to door. Individuals soliciting are most likely not licensed or insured leaving you personally liable for damage or accidents.
- Upfront Payment > Partial or full payment requested upfront is a red flag an individual or company may not follow-through until the work is done, instead taking your money and running. A trustworthy company bills upon completion of the work.
What to Look For In a Tree Service Provider
- State Licensing, Insured and Bonded > A good company will immediately provide licensing and proof of insurance upon request, protecting your property and the people on it.
- Business Accredited > Business associations support good business standing like the Better Business Bureau and local Chamber of Commerce such as Darke & Preble County.
- Industry Accredited > Industry associations show commitment to continued education and professional work standards such as TCIA and ISA.
- Certified Arborist > If your trees are diseased or dying, it is critical to seek a certified arborist. They have the highest degree of knowledge in caring for and maintaining trees.
- Experience > Ask how long the company has been doing tree service and the experience level of their employees.
- Year-Round Service > Mother Nature has no limits nor should a good tree company. Can you count on them all seasons?
- Online Presence > A publicly available Website or Facebook page reinforcing professional status such as a drug-free workforce, a local presence in giving back to the community, etc.
What to Expect
- Written Estimate > Detailing the work, costs broken down by your needs (chip brush, remove debris, grind stumps, etc.) and an estimated timeframe the work will be done subject to the wrath of Mother Nature.
- Answers to Any Question > Don’t hesitate to dig deeper. Is it important how a company runs its safety program? Do they conduct employee background checks for criminal history jeopardizing the safety of you and your property? Do they have referrals? Whatever questions you may have, a professional company should have no problem providing solid answers.
We hope these tips are helpful in choosing a reputable tree service provider. Tree work is highly technical and dangerous work. Most importantly, without the right experience accidents and property damage can happen.
With Fitzwaters, you are choosing a time tested company of tree care professionals dedicated to serving Darke, Preble and surrounding counties for more than 70 years.
If we can be of service, please give us a call at 937-548-1705 or reach out via our web contact form.